It’s no wonder I keep posting these wonderful little creations because I keep finding new things in the fridge to toss in! Plus, this latest one has a hack that was so convincing, my little stepguy thought the entire top of this bread-less creation was made of bread! Woohoo!
Let’s get frittata-ing!
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 brats, cooked and diced
- 2 cups frozen brocoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs olive oil
- pinch of black pepper (if you use brats, you shouldn’t need to add salt!)
- Pre-heat oven to 415 degrees.
- Sauté onions for about 5-7 minutes on medium high heat with olive oil.
- Add sausage.
- Add thawed broccoli.
- Sprinkle cheese over over mixture and let it melt on top.
- Whisk together eggs and cream and pour over skillet, tilting the pan in all directions so it spreads evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes until top is golden. (If you’d like the top a little more bread-like without the middle cooking more, broil for a few minutes, checking every 20 seconds so it doesn’t burn.)
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and serve!
You must use a cast iron skillet for this recipe so it can be transferred directly into the oven!
Make sure the skillet is properly oiled so your beautiful fridge-ttata doesn’t stick when you take it out of the oven.
Get creative! Free to play around with the meat, cheese, veggies and seasonings. The whole point of this is to use what you have on hand!