Freakin’ fried pickles! Or “frickles,” as they’re often called. They are the BEST. Crunchy, salty, briney…even better when they’re paired with a nice cool, creamy ranch dressing! And this is another recipe that is AFA (air fryer-approved)!
Plus, these are breadcrumb / grain-free. I use (drumroll please…) PORK PANKO! You an use crushed up pork rinds but honestly, I think they have an odd smell that I’ve just never gotten used to. So I use Pork Panko. Not an advertiser, just a product I use a LOT!
Are you ready? Let’s get our air fryer frickle on!!
- A dozen pickle chips
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pork panko
- Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chacere’s creole seasoning) to taste
- Press paper towels onto the chips so there’s no excess moisture.
- Drag each pickle through the flour, then egg, then panko.
- When complete, transfer chips to air fryer and set at 390 degrees for about 10 min, depending on your fryer.
- If you want to flip them and fry a little more you can, but I don’t find it necessary.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with ranch dressing!